r0x (Extended Play)
A downloadable game for Windows and Android
More avoid-em-up than traditional shmup, r0x (Extended Play) is a simple arcade game where ammo is scarce and you are rewarded generously for taking risks and flying dangerously. Graze rocks, bullets and enemies to recharge your cannon and thrust at breakneck speed through the deadly meteor storm to rack up an epic score!
r0x EP is an enhanced remake of RGCD and NoExtra's 2009 Atari STE game r0x, and was initially released at the Sundown Demoparty 2014. Developed over the course of two months by a core two-man team, r0x EP improves on the original game by introducing a wide range of Proximan renegade scum to battle, nine objective based 2-4 player vs modes and brutal zero-g cosmonaut wrestling! ;)
Originally designed as an Ouya title, r0x EP also runs on similar spec Android devices, but you will require a controller to play. The Windows version supports keyboard controls as well as joypad.
r0x EP features:
- Two single player modes with separate high score tables, and nine local multiplayer modes!
- Achievements system and player statistics!
- Algorithmic level generation!
- Seven track user-selectable OST composed entirely on an Amiga 1200 by demoscene musician h0ffman!
- Awesome artwork by Tikipod and Vierbit!
- Xbox 360 controller support!
r0x EP is available for FREE, but if you can afford to support us by throwing us some digital loose change then we'll be incredibly grateful. <3
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.